Friday, March 9, 2012

Two Generations

One of the interesting developments in my new venture is how Courtney (my daughter) and Steve (my husband) have gotten involved. As I’ve said in my previous blogs, the two of them have been helping me a great deal. But watching how they go about helping is very interesting. Steve has many contacts around Denver so when I say I need this…he says “I know a guy”. Courtney on the other hand immediately goes to the internet. They both find a solution. 

Right now, we are in the midst of deciding on a sign. Courtney has pictures and quotes for me to look at on the computer, and today I am meeting “Steve’s guy” at Steve’s office. Now of course, they may feel a little bit of healthy competition, I’m not quite sure. But when Steve says “I know a guy” Courtney says “of course he does!” When Courtney says we can do that on the internet, Steve says, “What’s the quality like?” It’s fun to watch the two of them operate.
I haven’t mentioned Josh (my son) in all of this. His role is coming soon. He’s already helped me move all of the racks, cases and clothes into my house. And come mid March, he will be helping to move it all back out again! And of course, he also is very supportive of this new venture of his mom. 

Jesse (my son-in-law)is a wonderful carpenter. He has taken a beautiful antique dresser and revamped it to be my check out stand. Paulina (my daughter-in-law) is an artist. Her input will come when we finally get to the finishing touches.

And then there’s Caiden, our beloved grandson. He is pretty sure that he will be Operations Manager. For those of you who know Caiden you know he was given the “little coach” award on his baseball team for all his ideas for the coach. As a“worker” in my shop he plans to run the cash register, take his break (at Baskin Robbins across the street) and carry a lot of keys. This is truly a family affair! Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment