Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Million Thanks!

The countdown is nearing its end.  I have been working so hard at physical labor: scrubbing floors, painting, washing windows, hauling and moving racks that I haven’t allowed myself to think of the actual opening of this little boutique. But…it is going to happen and I am ready!!!

I want to take a minute to mention all of the people who have helped me get to this point in my journey.  Of course, Steve has been my encouragement at every step and Courtney: my righ-hand "man".  Not only has she designed my blog, website, mailers and business cards; she has helped me haul racks, buy items from printers and speakers to decorative earring holders and fashion shopping bags. 

Josh and Jesse helped move everything into my basement.  Sharon and Courtney helped sort all of the clothes. Thanks to Ruby, Dedre, Nancy, Janelle, Penny and Jessie for coming to my presale.  And to Kim, Lorraine, Sheldon and Cradle to Crayons for sending others to the sale!

Jesse redesigned my antique checkout stand.  Mark and Jaylynne gave ideas about paint color, being sure to add that strong color on the striking wall.  Carl, Rusty, Rick and Steve layed the flooring.  You will have to stop by to see which direction we went with the floor.  Josh and Jesse helped me apply the baseboards.  

Aaron and Josh moved the heavy furniture into the new boutique.   Rinda helped wash all of the racks and the windows, as well as, helped with the layout of the racks in my narrow space.   Mary Jo and Rinda helped purchase scarves, sunglasses, watches and reading glasses from the Merchandise Mart.  Jesse and Steve hung all the wall racks.  Ruby, Brenda and Courtney all helped me steam and hang the clothes.  Mary Jo gave me lots and lots of jewelry.  A special thanks to Caiden for helping sort hangers, help set up the jewelry case and keeping it light with a little Frisbee using the sizing disks!

Harold, my contractor, gave me a little table for my bathroom.  Joe gave me savvy marketing advise and Jason got me a killer deal on my 3 year lease.   My mom has been as excited for me as I am, and she’s given me some very pretty sweaters for the fall season.  My relatives from Nebraska came to get in on the excitement of my new journey!   They also were my first customers.

Then, there’s all of you readers out there who have read my blogs and sent me encouraging notes…thank you!  I couldn’t have done this without all of my family and friends.  If I’ve forgotten to mention someone please know that you are in my heart. 

If all goes according to plan we will open with a soft start on April 3rd.  If you have been waiting to bring clothes in to consign that would be the week to do so.  The guidelines for consigning, as well as, the hours of the boutique are listed on my website www.avenueconsignment.com   We will have an open house toward the end of April or early May.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everything is coming together! We'll come check it out when we venture to Denver.

    The countdown begins...days, hours, minutes...open the door!!

    ReplyDelete