Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Countdown Continues

I can’t tell you how busy I have been getting ready to open.  The most exciting news is that the walls are up, as well as new track lighting.  The painting is all finished thanks to Mark’s (my brother-in-law is a painting contractor) crew. I’ve chosen a beautiful taupe for the walls with a darker shade on the ceiling to make those unattractive acoustic tiles go away!  Then for one accent wall I’ve chosen a striking Chrysanthemum.
This coming Saturday our wonderful friends, affectionately known as the Colorado River Gang (they often join us at our cabin on the Colorado River for skiing, hiking and, of course, eating and enjoying a nice bottle of wine), are coming to put in our floors.
I have decided to go with wood floors, so the big question now is directionality.  It has been suggested to make the boutique, which is long and narrow,  feel more spacious, we place the floors perpendicular to the entrance. Now that totally goes against my flow of the space.   I think the feng shui demands for it to go lengthwise. 

Maybe we should put it to a vote!  Send emails or comment with your vote suggestions!  Lengthwise  or Widthwise to the entrance.

Each week we get closer and closer to the deadline.  Nineteen days to my target date of April 3rd.  Many of my friends have offered to help me during spring break (still on teacher time).  That will be crunch time, as we will be arranging the boutique, decorating, steaming all of the clothes and hanging them.  I am taking them up on their offers…I’ll be sure to have plenty of munchies on hand.  Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Just flip a coin to determine the floors! But I agree with the fang shui method...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean feng shui...I need to put my glasses on!

    ReplyDelete