Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Labor of Love

Saturday was floor installation day.  It looks fabulous!  Of course it was more than a one day job.  But my crew came back to finish on Sunday, minus one – he’s off to Mexico for a week of sun and surf.  It was a labor of love (and knees and backs and fingers) from our great friends The CRG! 
The floor was done but then comes the base board.  I noticed that as we started to lay the floor it seemed to expand in size as we all worked…could I really handle doing the base board all by myself?  This small little boutique was looking bigger and bigger.  So I called my son-in-law, with his bad arm and asked if he could coach me.  Then I called my son, who had planned his first day of spring break to sleep in, and begged him to come help me.  Of course they both rallied around me and we got it done in no time!  The construction phase is done! 
This week I get to start the move-in process.  I can hardly wait to design the space.  I spent some time at the Merchandise Mart with my friends Mary Jo and Rinda.  I’ve got some fabulous sunglasses, reading glasses, scarves and watches.  All new and ready for purchase!
Courtney has designed our first mailer with lots of specials to entice the neighborhood to drop by.  Additionally, my website has been launched, again thanks to Courtney!!!  So be sure to drop in at  http://avenueconsignment.com/Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. You have such an eye for decorating! Can't wait to see the finished place...

    ReplyDelete