Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's All In A Name!


February 15, 2012

The Name!!!  It can’t be so hard to come up with a name for the shop, right?  Well, it’s been a little more challenging than I thought.  When Steve and I opened our bakery the name came to me in a dream (really!).  So, I’ve been waiting for my “clothing dream” to bring me the right name. 

No such luck.  We named our bakery The Pastry Peddler.  Can I use that?  The Clothing Peddler sounded a little too country.   Well, how about using my name, like Rebecca’s Rethreads …sounds like tires.  I know Rebecca’s Closet… one friend said that it reminded her of Angela’s Ashes, can’t have that!  Here are a few others that are used around the country; Fashion Attic, Second Look, Redesign Consign, Double Exposure, Something Else.  And, from one of my more humorous friends Re-Do Doozies!
 
After weeks of thinking about the name, it comes to me.  Almost like a dream!  Wheat Ridge is on the move and is revitalizing 38th Avenue.   So why not, the 38th Avenue  Consignment Boutique, (since my shop is located on 38th Avenue).  That’s a lot to say over the phone, so I shortened it to The Avenue Consignment Boutique.   That’s official, so no other suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Now that you have the name let the unpacking begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky -
    This sounds like a grand adventure for you all. Best wishes. I'll look forward to reading all about it.
    Linda Giannosa

    ReplyDelete